Solidarity Soccer is AFC Unity’s innovative, award winning, informal football training session which engages women, trans and non binary people of any experience and ability in non-competitive football. The weekly sessions are held on a Wednesday evening near the centre of Sheffield allowing access to women from across the city. Solidarity Soccer is led, or overseen, by a level one FA coach offering access to quality football coaching in an informal and inclusive environment.
Solidarity Soccer welcomes women, trans and non binary people of any ability, from those who have never kicked a ball before, to those wanting to return after an injury or regain fitness or people who are wanting to get more football practice in.
To get involved please contact us. We ask everyone wanting to take part to complete an “Expression of Interest Form” – the related Solidarity Soccer Data Privacy Notice can be found here and the Safe Spaces policy can be found here.
Solidarity Soccer has received funding and support from the The National Lottery Community Fund, Freshgate Trust Foundation, Yorkshire Sport Foundation, Scurrah Wainwright Charity, The Postcode Community Trust, Sheffield Town Trust and the JG Graves Charitable Trust and we are incredibly thankful for this.
We do all we can to help the club be an agent for social change and further socially progressive values and issues.
Our Football for Food campaign involves encouraging players, management and supporters from both teams alongside the general public to come to our home games not only to watch a good game of grassroots football but also to bring donations of food that we then pass onto local food banks. The campaign has also been about raising awareness of the extent of food poverty, the reasons for why more and more people are going to food banks to not only help increase the donations but also tackle any misconceptions and stigma for why food banks exist. You can read more about this here.
We are developing links with the trade union movement to look at tackling one of the main causes of food bank growth and use, which is low pay and poor working conditions and the benefits of trade union membership when counteracting this. You can read more about this and our #UnityForAll campaign here. Through the club, trade union members can access discounts on player subscriptions and Ultras membership.
AFC Unity Ultras is the club’s official supporter membership system, where you can sign up for as little as £2 a month – or £1.50 with trade union membership – and not only support an independent, socially progressive women’s-only football club but also access the following:
*25% off AFC Unity merchandise
*Get involved and get to know the players
*Attend our Annual Club Meeting and have an input into the running of the club
*Attend our end-of-season Awards Night event and vote on the AFC Unity Ultras Award
*Membership newsletter, containing member only content including video messages from players
*A free AFC Unity pin badge
Whilst stock lasts, when you sign up for annual membership you will be sent an AFC Unity ‘Hope Over Fear’ scarf too!
You can join the Ultras by the PayPal links included below. By joining, you accept the following conditions:
- I agree to adhere to and promote AFC Unity’s Mission Statement, Vision and Values as a member of the club.
- I accept that once a member of the club, failure to adhere to or help maintain the Mission Statement, Vision and Values may result in disciplinary action according to the club’s Grievance Procedure.
- I accept that as a member of the club that club Policies will apply to me.
- I accept that once a member of the club, failure to adhere to or help maintain the Policies may result in disciplinary action according to the club’s Grievance Procedure.
- I accept that I need to follow the FA Respect Code as a supporter/member of the club (you can read the code here) or action may be taken as stated per the code.
- I accept that my membership payment to AFC Unity is non-refundable.
- I accept that by becoming a member of AFC Unity I have read and are agreeing to follow the FA Respect Code alongside the club’s Mission Statement, Vision, Values and Policies. As an AFC Unity member, I agree to respect, uphold and adhere to the FA Respect Code, AFC Unity Mission Statement, Vision, Values and Policies anywhere within the club’s community.
- I have read the AFC Unity Ultras Data Privacy Notice.
The AFC Unity Ultras Data Privacy Notice can be found here.