AFC Unity are seeking a Head Coach to lead its second team, the AFC Unity Jets, into the 2016/17 season.
As part of our rapidly-expanding organisation, the AFC Unity Jets Head Coach will play a key part in upholding the values of an alternative football club, empowering women, doing good in the community, and having a positive influence on the sport and society.
This is a voluntary role that may suit an individual with a background in youth and community work eager to build on an interest in grassroots football; no football qualifications or experience necessary – just positivity and a passion for football, feminism, and social justice. The applicant will have an understanding and commitment towards the ethos of AFC Unity and its Football Philosophy.
The role will involve:
- Initial shadowing of the first team manager.
- Understanding player pathways from the Solidarity Soccer programme, through the second and into the first team.
- Liaison with the first team manager, Director of Football, and the Board of Directors.
- Delivering training sessions in accordance with the AFC Unity Football Philosophy.
- Leading the coordination of Sunday league matches.
- Developing players in accordance with their individual aims and those of the teams.
- A commitment to Monday evenings and Sunday afternoons.
Those interested should email afcunity<at>gmail<dot>com requesting an application form. Deadline for applications is now w/c 20/06/16, and those successful will be invited to a semi-formal interview process.
The successful applicant is now expected to be announced the weekend of 01/07/16 and will be ready to start by w/c 04/07/16.